Don't Trash It: Cash It!
Recycle Unwanted Household Metal Goods With Dixie
If you think Dixie metal recycling for homeowners is limited only to aluminum cans, think again! Of course we always welcome your soda, beer, and other cans to our recycling center, but why not earn even more quick cash by also bringing us other ferrous and non-ferrous metal metal items.
Q: What does non-ferrous mean?
A: Non-ferrous metals are materials whose value is not derived principally from iron.
Dixie Metal Recycling only processes ferrous and non-ferrous metals such as:
- Nickel and Stainless Steel alloys
- Precious Metals
- And More
Chances are you have items around your house or left over after a garage sale that contain significant amounts of these ferrous and non-ferrous metals just waiting to be cashed in. Visit our pricing page to see current prices per pound for these valuable commodities or contact Dixie for more detailed information about post-consumer scrap.
Household Items You Can Recycle
Some of the common household goods we pay for include, but are not limited to:
- Brass fixtures and brass knick-knacks
- Aluminum foil
- Aluminum siding, including gutters and downspouts
- Christmas lights - yes - Christmas lights
- Insulated and non-insulated aluminum and copper wire
- Screen doors/aluminum window frames
- Cast aluminum barbecues
- Plumbing pipe, valves and connections
- Aluminum pots and pans
- Computer motherboards (no monitors please)/keyboards/hard drives
- Oil-free assorted car parts
- Car batteries
- And more!
If you don't know what kinds of metal an item may contain: call us and we'll tell you. Before you go to the dump, come to us and we will pay you current fair market value for your unwanted metal goods. Note: pre-sorted materials command a better price as do clean materials and items with nothing else attached.
Our Process: As Easy as 1-2-3
- Drop off your materials to us at 1554 E. 4340 South Circle in the Fort Pierce Industrial Park just behind the Blue Bunny Plant during regular business hours. Note: we do not provide pick-up service for residential customers.
- Present your state or federally-issued ID (no ID required for aluminum cans only), and have your items identified and then weighed on our state-certified scale.
- Receive on the spot payment in the form of either cash or check.
That's all there is to it: It really is as easy as 1-2-3 to put more money in your pocket, and we offer the "green" solution you've been looking for. So don't trash it: cash it!